Our Mountain Chefs Chalet Cookery course is known for producing the highest quality chalet staff. Upon completion of our chalet cookery course, we will assess you and recommend you apply for the positions to which you are best suited and that will meet your needs and skills.
Mountain Chefs Course
Our Mountain Chef Course is perfect for those who already have a good level of cooking competence but want to develop the specific skills and speed to work a ski season as a Chalet Host, Chalet Cook or Chalet Assistant. This cookery course will teach you how to prepare, present and serve gourmet cuisine preparation allowing you to run a successful chalet. Our Head Chef has worked many successful ski seasons and will pass on to you all of his experience, menus and short cuts thereby allowing you more time on the slopes. In addition to cookery training, you will receive chalet operations training and Level 2 Kitchen Health and Safety accreditation.
The cost of our course is £695 and this includes all course materials, CV writing assistance, placement assistance and most importantly professional cookery instruction from qualified British Head Chefs. In order to secure your place we require a £200 deposit and will request the balance a month before the course date which must be paid in full prior to commencing the course.
Our courses are held at our Cookery School located on the edge of Milton Keynes. We comfortably take a maximum of ten students per course to ensure that everyone gets the best out of the week with us. Each course day replicates a day in the life of a Chalet Chef - allowing you to understand the operational process of running a chalet kitchen during the ski season.
Our course runs Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm except Mondays when we start at 9.30am to give people time to find us.
- Professional gourmet cookery instruction
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- A proven 12 day menu plan
- A comprehensive gourmet cooking manual with information tailored specifically for producing the highest quality chalet cuisine
- All menu plan recipes, written by Mountain Chefs Head Chef with recipe hints and shortcuts and including modifications for different dietary requirements
- Information on local Alpine produce and suppliers
- Daily breakfast, lunch and gourmet three course dinner
- Gourmet food to dine on and take home to share with your family and friends
- A complete assessment completed by our head chef of the work you’ve completed on the course to aide you in your interviews
- Introductions to our preferred list of ski companies