Introducing Mountain Chefs
An intense course, giving you kitchen confidence and the practical training you need to truly amaze your guests and manage your chalet kitchen safely and effectively.
Based in The Old Granary on the outskirts of Milton Keynes, Mountain Chefs specialise in providing Chalet Chef Gourmet cookery courses. Consisting of six fully equipped, open-plan kitchens, students have use of their own oven, sink, work space and equipment.
Although intensive - over 100 different dishes are covered in a five day period, the courses are very much hands-on and designed to cater for people of all abilities, from the complete novice to the more experienced cook. Mountain Chefs instructors have professional UK head chef experience and are fully versed in Alpine cooking. Their style is approachable, professional and fun – always getting the best out of each student and allowing them to develop at their own pace.
The Mountain Chefs Courses
- Professional gourmet cookery instruction – Monday to Friday, 9:00am until 5:00pm.
- Food Safety for Catering Level 2 Accreditation
- A proven 12 day menu plan – approved by ski companies and meeting their budgetary, dietary and culinary requirements
- A comprehensive gourmet cooking manual with information tailored specifically for producing the highest quality chalet cuisine
- All menu plan recipes, written by Mountain Chefs Head Chef with recipe hints and shortcuts and including modifications for different dietary requirements (nut free, wheat free, lactose intolerant)
- Information on local Alpine produce and suppliers to help with your purchasing and allowing you to chat with guests about the ingredients in the food you produce
- Daily morning coffee, breakfast and cakes
- Daily gourmet three course lunch
- Gourmet food, cakes and dinners to dine on and take home to share with your family and friends
- A French translation guide to aide you in selecting the right ingredients for your recipes
- A Mountain Chefs apron to take away with you
- A complete assessment completed by our head chef of the work you've completed by our head chef of the work you've completed on the course to aide you in your interiews
- Introductions to our preferred list of ski companies (over 50 companies of all sizes operating across European ski destinations)
- A valuable reference from Mountain Chefs Head Chef to help you in your interviews
- A hot line to our Head Chefs in case you get out to the Alps and need some last minute advice and help